Navigation: Fishing Lodge Main › Our Alaska Fishing Lodge › Cookbook › Entrée Recipes › Pomegranate Glazed Cornish Game Hen
Pomegranate Glazed Cornish Game Hen recipe
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbs Serrano Chile
- 4 small garlic cloves, unpeeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs sage chopped
- 2 Tbs lemon zest
- 2 Cornish game hens, split
- 1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Clean and prep the birds. Split the birds in half and place in a large seal able bag. Add the marinade and refrigerate for six hours.
- 3. Strain marinade and bring liquid to a boil and cook on medium heat until thicken and use as basting liquid as bird are cooking. If needed you can thicken with a little corn starch.
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees
- Inactive Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours
Oven Temperature: 400F